from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A fine, hard, white, odorless soap made with olive oil and sodium hydroxide.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of fine, hard, white or mottled soap, originally made with olive oil.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A kind of fine, hard, white or mottled soap, made with olive oil and soda; also, a soap made in imitation of the above-described soap.
- n. a fine-grained hard soap, white or mottled, made of olive oil and soda; -- called also Marseilles soap or Venetian soap.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See soap.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a good hard soap made from olive oil and sodium hydroxide
After Castile .(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Castile in Spain, from which it originally came. (Wiktionary)