from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Native American people inhabiting northeast Oregon and southeast Washington.
- n. A member of this people.
- n. The extinct traditional language of the Cayuse, not closely related to any other.
- n. The dialect of Nez Perce spoken by the Cayuse in the 19th and 20th centuries.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. a Native American tribe from Oregon
Sorry, no etymologies found.