American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The physical law that the volume of a fixed mass of gas held at a constant pressure varies directly with the absolute temperature.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See law.
- n. physics the law that the density of an ideal gas is inversely proportional to its temperature at constant pressure
- n. (physics) the density of an ideal gas at constant pressure varies inversely with the temperature
- from Jacques Charles French scientist (Wiktionary)
- After Jacques Alexandre César Charles. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘Charles's law’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Charles's law.