from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Bantu language spoken in Malawi, closely related to Nyanja.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of an African people inhabiting central Malawi and adjoining areas of Zambia and Mozambique.
- proper n. The Chichewa language.
- adj. Of or relating to the Chewa or their language.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the Bantu-speaking people of Malawi and eastern Zambia and northern Zimbabwe
Sorry, no etymologies found.