from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southeast Bangladesh near the Bay of Bengal. It is a major port and industrial center. Population: 2,200,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Bangladesh.
- proper n. One of the seven administrative divisions of Bangladesh.
- proper n. One of the eleven districts in the Chittagong Division of Bangladesh.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A variety of domestic fowl, of large size, belonging to the Malayan type.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a port city and industrial center in southeastern Bangladesh on the Bay of Bengal
Sorry, no etymologies found.