from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The theological study of the person and deeds of Jesus.
- n. A doctrine or theory based on Jesus or Jesus's teachings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A field of study within Christian theology which is concerned with the nature of Jesus Christ, particularly with how the divine and human are related in his person.
- n. A particular theory or viewpoint within the field of Christology, e.g. Chalcedonian Christology, Arian Christology, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A treatise on Christ; that department of theology which treats of the personality, attributes, or life of Christ.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of theology which treats of the person and character of Jesus Christ.
- n. Sometimes, less accurately, doctrine concerning Christ's office and work.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of theology concerned with the person and attributes and deeds of Christ
- n. a religious doctrine or theory based on Jesus or Jesus' teachings
Christ + -ology (Wiktionary)