from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river rising in northeast New Mexico and flowing about 1,123 km (698 mi) eastward across southwest Kansas to the Arkansas River in northern Oklahoma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Spanish-American name of the bighorn or Rocky Mountain sheep, Ovis montana.
- n. [capitalized] In the Philippine Islands, a name given to members of various poor wandering tribes, mostly descendants of civilized natives who have fled to the mountain forests.
- n. A West-Indian name for a wild (feral) dog.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a river that rises in northeastern New Mexico and flows eastward into Oklahoma where it becomes a tributary of the Arkansas River
- n. wild sheep of mountainous regions of western North America having massive curled horns
Sorry, no etymologies found.