from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central California in the foothills of the Sierra Nevada near Fresno. It is a processing center. Population: 89,300.
- A city of eastern New Mexico near the Texas border. It is a trade center in a wheat and cattle area. Population: 33,300.
- adj. Of or relating to a prehistoric human culture widespread throughout North America from about 12,000 to 9,000 B.C., distinguished by sharp fluted projectile points made of chalcedony or obsidian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A (US) city in central northeastern New Mexico.
- proper n. A (US) city in California.
- proper n. A site that contained evidence of an early Native American culture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. king of the Franks who unified Gaul and established his capital at Paris and founded the Frankish monarchy; his name was rendered as Gallic `Louis' (466-511)
After Clovis 1, New Mexico.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Shortened from Latin Clodovicus, an equivalent of Louis. (Wiktionary)