from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large powerful draft horse of a breed developed in the Clyde valley of Scotland, having white feathered hair on its fetlocks.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A particularly large and powerful breed of rare draft horse.
- n. A heavier than usual athlete (Over 200 lbs for men, over 145 lbs for women)
- n. A very morbidly obese person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a breed of heavy draft horses originally from Clydesdale, Scotland. They are about sixteen hands high and usually brown or bay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A breed of heavy draft-horses originally raised about the Clyde, Scotland.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. heavy feathered-legged breed of draft horse originally from Scotland
Named because they were bred in the valley of the Clyde in Scotland. (Wiktionary)