from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a genus of mostly tropical American shrubs or small trees with small yellowish flowers and yellow or red fruits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A general term for innocuous serpents, as distinguished from Viperina or Thanatophidia.
- More definitely: A suborder of Ophidia, containing all the innocuous serpents with ungrooved and imperforate teeth and dilatable jaws. Also called Colubriformia and Aglyphodontia.
- The Aglyphodontia together with the Proteroglyphia, thus including venomous serpents of the families Elapidæ and Hydrophidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. mostly tropical American shrubs or small trees with small yellowish flowers and yellow or red fruits
Sorry, no etymologies found.