from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a plant of the genus Corydalis, with beautiful compound foliage and spurred tubular flowers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of dicotyledonous plants, natural order Fumariaceæ.
- n. [lowercase] A plant of this genus.
- n. In entomology, same as Corydalus, 1.
- n. In ornithology: A genus of African larks: same as Certhilauda.
- n. A genus of warblers: same as Locustella.
- n. [lowercase]
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of the Corydalidae
- n. annual or perennial herbs of Himalayan China and South Africa
- n. a plant of the genus Corydalis with beautiful compound foliage and spurred tubular flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.