from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the patches of villi found in some forms of placenta.
- n. A leaf borne by the caulicle or radicle of an embryo; a seed leaf.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The seed-lobe or rudimentary leaf of the embryo in plants.
- n. [capitalized] [NL.] A genus of plants, natural order Crassulaceæ, with very thick fleshy leaves and showy flowers.
- n. In anatomy, one of the distinct patches in which the villi of a cotyledonary placenta are gathered upon the surface of the chorion.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. embryonic leaf in seed-bearing plants
Sorry, no etymologies found.