American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Ileitis involving the terminal portion of the ileum and characterized by abdominal pain, ulceration, and fibrous tissue buildup.
- n. pathology Crohn’s regional enteritis, a chronic inflammatory disease that can involve any part of the digestive tract from the mouth to the anus.
- n. a serious chronic and progressive inflammation of the ileum producing frequent bouts of diarrhea with abdominal pain and nausea and fever and weight loss
- Eponym, Burrill Bernard Crohn. (Wiktionary)
- After Burrill Bernard Crohn (1884-1983), American physician. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
‘Crohn's disease’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for Crohn's disease.