from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of Kufic.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of Kufic.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the older characters of the Arabic language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Cufa, or Kufa, an old city south of Babylon, the capital of the califs before the building of Bagdad, which contained the most expert and numerous copyists of the Koran: specifically applied to the characters of the Arabic alphabet used in the time of Mohammed, and in which the Koran was written.
- n. The Cufic characters collectively.
- n. Sometimes written Cuphic.
Sorry, no etymologies found.