from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Cythera, an island now part of Greece, at which the goddess Aphrodite came ashore on a seashell according to Greek mythology. Thus, referring to the goddesses Aphrodite or Venus.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the planet Venus; Venusian.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to the goddess Venus.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In mythology, pertaining to the goddess Aphrodite (Venus).
- In astronomy, pertaining to the planet Venus.
From Cythera, from Ancient Greek Κύθηρα (Kuthēra) + -an. (Wiktionary)