from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A descendant of Dan.
- adj. Of or relating to the Hebrew tribe descended from Dan.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of the Biblical tribe of Dan.
- n. A member of a fraternal vigilante group founded by members of the Latter Day Saints in the 1830s.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A descendant of Dan; an Israelite of the tribe of Dan.
- n. One of a secret association of Mormons, bound by an oath to obey the heads of the church in all things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of an alleged secret order of Mormons, supposed to have arisen in the early history of that sect, and to have been guilty of various atrocious crimes. The Mormons themselves deny the existence of this order.
Dan + -ite (Wiktionary)