from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of eastern Iowa on the Mississippi River opposite Moline and Rock Island, Illinois. It grew rapidly after the first railroad bridge across the Mississippi was completed in 1856. Population: 99,500.
- Davenport, John 1597-1670. English Puritan who fled to America in 1637 and helped found a colony at New Haven, Connecticut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A habitational surname from the town in Cheshire.
- proper n. A surname of Irish origin from the Gaelic Ó Donndubhartaigh.
- proper n. A surname of Anglo-Norman origin: de avesne port, where avesne is derived from Frankish avisna ("field" see:Wiese).
Sorry, no etymologies found.