from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A participant in the unsuccessful conspiracy to overthrow Czar Nicholas I of Russia in December 1825.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A participant in or sympathizer of the Decembrist revolt.
- adj. According to or derived from the politics or philosophy of the Decembrists.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of those who conspired for constitutional government against the Emperor Nicholas on his accession to the throne at the death of Alexander I., in December, 1825; -- called also Dekabrist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A participant in or supporter of an event happening in the month of December; specifically, in Russian hist., a participant in the conspiracy and insurrection against the Emperor Nicholas on his accession, December, 1825. Also called Dekabrist.
Sorry, no etymologies found.