from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of natural, unrefined or partially refined cane sugar, which is light brown in colour. It is particularly appreciated in pastries and biscuits like shortbread.
- proper n. A region of Guyana in South America, Essequebo en Demerary (Essequibo and Demerara), formerly a Dutch (later British) colony.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a light brown raw cane sugar from Guyana
- n. dark rum from Guyana
- n. a river in northern Guyana that flows northward into the Atlantic
- n. a former Dutch colony in South America; now a part of Guyana
- n. light brown cane sugar; originally from Guyana
Sorry, no etymologies found.