from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A vacant space, or gap, esp. between teeth in a jaw.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In zoöl. and anatomy, an interval between any two consecutive teeth, especially between any two series or kinds of teeth, as between the canines and premolars or incisors, or among the incisors, as in many bats.
- n. In ancient Greek music, an interval. Also diastem.
- n. In cytology, the pale region in the cytoplasm or area of sparser protoplasmic fibrillæ which foreshadows the division-plane in karyokinesis, or indirect cell-division.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a gap or vacant space between two teeth
Sorry, no etymologies found.