from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman adviser or counselor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A nymph or minor goddess from Roman mythology.
- proper n. 13 Egeria, the asteroid.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In Roman mythology, a prophetic nymph or divinity, the instructress of Numa Pompilius, and invoked as the giver of life.
- n. [NL.] In zoology: A genus of brachyurous decapod crustaceans, of the family Maiidæ, or spidercrabs. E. indica is an Indian species.
- n. A genus of bivalve shells, of the family Donacidæ, generally considered to be the same as Galatea.
- n. [NL.] See Ægeria.
- n. The 13th planetoid, discovered by De Gasparis, at Naples, in 1850.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small genus of dioecious tropical aquatic plants
After Egeria, Roman nymph or goddess and adviser to Numa Pompilius, a legendary Roman king.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)