from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology A daughter of Clytemnestra and Agamemnon who with her brother Orestes avenged the murder of Agamemnon by killing their mother and her lover, Aegisthus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any of several mythical women, including a daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra, one of the Pleiades, and one of the daughters of Oceanus and Tethys.
- proper n. One of the stars in the Pleiades star cluster.
- proper n. A female given name.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of the Pleiades, 20 Tauri.
- n. [NL.] In zoology: A genus of polyps.
- n. A genus of lepidopterous insects.
- n. A genus of dipterous insects.
- n. A genus of mollusks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra; persuaded her brother (Orestes) to avenge Agamemnon's death by helping her to kill Clytemnestra and her lover (Aegisthus)
Sorry, no etymologies found.