from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman who is a native or inhabitant of England.
- n. A woman of English descent.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A female native or inhabitant of England; a woman who is English by birth, descent, or naturalization.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Fem. of Englishman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A woman who is a native of England, or a member of the distinctive English race.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman who is a native or inhabitant of England
Sorry, no etymologies found.