from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the postulated earliest period of human culture preceding the Lower Paleolithic. Not in scientific use.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In archæol, of or pertaining to the early part of the paleolithic period of prehistoric time.
- Pertaining to or characterized by the presence of eoliths.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to the earliest period of the Stone Age (characterized by the use of eoliths)
- n. the earliest part of the Stone Age marked by the earliest signs of human culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.