Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, watery eye, in which the tears, from increased secretion or some disease of the lacrymal passages, accumulate in front of the eye and trickle over the cheek.
- n. In rhetoric, same as epistrophe.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Med.) The watery eye; a disease in which the tears accumulate in the eye, and trickle over the cheek.
- n. (Rhet.) The emphatic repetition of a word or phrase, at the end of several sentences or stanzas.
- n. repetition of the ends of two or more successive sentences, verses, etc.
“Hey Epiphora on Tumblr found a pretty good example of the deep, deep incomprehension asexuals have to deal with. clientsfromhell:”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Epiphora’.
the art or science of all specialized literary uses of language in prose or verse, including the figures of speech.
the study of the effective use of language.
Looking for tweets for Epiphora.