from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An Eskimo.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Eskimo (the language)
- proper n. Eskimo (the group of people)
- n. Eskimo (a member of the group)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as Eskimo.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See Eskimo.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the language spoken by the Eskimo
- n. a member of a people inhabiting the Arctic (northern Canada or Greenland or Alaska or eastern Siberia); the Algonquians called them Eskimo (`eaters of raw flesh') but they call themselves the Inuit (`the people')
French, sing. of Esquimaux, Eskimo; see Eskimo.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)