from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See Ge'ez.
- adj. Of or relating to Ge'ez.
- adj. Ethiopian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Ethiopian
- proper n. Ge'ez language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The language of ancient Ethiopia; the language of the ancient Abyssinian empire (in Ethiopia), now used only in the Abyssinian church. It is of Semitic origin, and is also called Geez.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to Ethiopia or Abyssinia; Ethiopian.
- n. The language of ancient Ethiopia or Abyssinia, a Semitic tongue, most allied to the Himyaritic of southwestern Arabia, and having a Christian literature. Also called Geëz.
Sorry, no etymologies found.