from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A taxonomic genus within the family Asteraceae — including Joe-Pye weed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of perennial, composite herbs including hemp agrimony, boneset, throughwort, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of the natural order Compositæ, mostly perennial herbs and natives of America.
- n. [lowercase] A species of this genus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large genus of chiefly tropical herbs having heads of white or purplish flowers
Sorry, no etymologies found.