from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The wife of Orpheus, whom he failed to rescue from Hades when he looked back at her and so violated the command of Pluto on their journey back to the upper world of the living.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A nymph and the wife of Orpheus.
- proper n. The name of various figures in the Greek mythology.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of isopods, of the family Cymothoidæ, containing such as E. pulchra.
- n. A genus of mollusks.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (Greek mythology) the wife of Orpheus
From Latin Eurydice, from Ancient Greek Εὐρυδίκη. (Wiktionary)