from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A moorland plateau of southwest England. It is a popular tourist area with notable prehistoric ruins.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A national park in Devon and Somerset, southern England.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a breed of horned sheep of Devonshire, England, having white legs and face and black nostrils. They are esp. valuable for mutton.
- n. A breed of ponies native to the Exmoor district.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. horned sheep of Devon; valued for mutton
- n. stocky breed of pony with a fawn-colored nose
Sorry, no etymologies found.