from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A communications protocol governing the transfer of files from one computer to another over a network.
- transitive v. To transfer (a file) using FTP.
- intransitive v. To transfer a file using FTP.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. File Transfer Protocol; a common way to transfer files over the internet.
- v. To transfer files between computers using FTP.
- future time perspective
F(ile) T(ransfer) P(rotocol).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)