from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of northwest Arkansas in the Ozark Plateau north-northeast of Fort Smith. The University of Arkansas (established 1871) is here. Population: 68,700.
- A city of south-central North Carolina south-southwest of Raleigh. Founded by Scottish colonists in 1739, it was a Tory center during the American Revolution. Population: 168,000.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a university town in northwestern Arkansas in the Ozarks
- n. a town in central West Virginia on the New River
- n. a town in south central North Carolina
Sorry, no etymologies found.