from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A native or inhabitant of Fiji.
- n. The Austronesian language of Fiji.
- adj. Of or relating to Fiji or its people, language, or culture.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a person from Fiji or of Fijian descent.
- adj. Pertaining to Fiji, or its people or language.
- proper n. an Austronesian language of the Malayo-Polynesian family spoken on Fiji. It has 650,000 speakers, including second language users.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Fiji islands or their inhabitants.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Fiji or the Fiji islands, or to the Fijians.
- n. An indigenous inhabitant of the Fiji islands, a group lying in the southern Pacific ocean, between the New Hebrides and the Friendly islands.
- n. Also Feejeean.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the Oceanic language spoken on Fiji
- n. a native or inhabitant of Fiji
- adj. of or relating to Fiji or its people or language or culture
Sorry, no etymologies found.