from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to Finland or the Finns.
- n. A branch of Finno-Ugric that includes Finnish, Estonian, and Lapp.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A subset of the family of Finno-Ugric languages that includes Finnish, Estonian, Sami (Lapp), Mordvin, Udmurt, Komi and Mari.
- adj. Of or pertaining to Finnic languages.
- adj. Finnish.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to the Finns.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining or relating to the Finns as a race, or to the group of languages spoken by them; Finnish, in the most general sense: as, the Magyars are a Finnic people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of two branches of the Finno-Ugric languages; a family of languages including Finnish and Estonian (but not Hungarian)
Sorry, no etymologies found.