from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make French in character or quality.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make (something) more French in appearance or character.
- v. : (intransitive) To become more French.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make French; to infect or imbue with the manners or tastes of the French; to Gallicize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make French; infect with French tastes, manners, or turns of expression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. make French in appearance or character
- v. become French in appearance or character
From French + -i- + -fy. (Wiktionary)