from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Variant of Frisian.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A black and white dairy cow
- proper n. A black breed of horse
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the people of Friesland, or to their language.
- n. A native or an inhabitant of Friesland; a Friese; one of the Low German people who were the ancestors of the present inhabitants of Friesland.
- n. The language spoken in Friesland or by Friesians. See Friesic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a breed of dairy cattle from northern Holland
Sorry, no etymologies found.