American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- A region of southwest Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, a promontory on a peninsula on its southwest coast, is the southernmost point in Scotland.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a breed of horses of small size (under fifteen hands high), first raised in Galloway in Scotland, characterized by great spirit and endurance.
- n. A breed of hornless cattle, of great antiquity, developed in the highlands of southwestern Scotland. The skin is dark, the hair usually black, and the body deep. They are hardy and docile.
- n. A formerly Gaelic-speaking region in the southwestern-most corner of Scotland as part of Dumfries and Galloway council area. Its capital is Kirkcudbright.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A small horse of a breed raised at
Galloway, Scotland; -- called also garran, and garron.
- n. a district in southwestern Scotland
- n. breed of hardy black chiefly beef cattle native to Scotland
“GALLOWAY ON MID EAST POPULAR RESISTANCE MOVEMENT yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'GALLOWAY ON MID EAST POPULAR RESISTANCE MOVEMENT'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: George Galloway senses what I strongly feel ~ that the tide is turning against the Cheney/Bush neocon dream of global domination ~ for the rest of the world clearly sees the real threat to our civilization is the United States ~ and Galloway, who saw this threat clearly years ago, now comments on the rapidly growing demand of Muslim and Latin American movements for an alternative to America\'s oppression and domination.”
“The Bugz 2 to Bonz guy is Shawn Moore, he is local to Columbus in Galloway, Ohio.”
“Terry Galloway is a deaf, queer writer and performer, who tours her one-woman shows as a cheap way of seeing the world.”
“Terry L. Galloway is a deaf writer (poetry, essays, memoir, and plays), director, dramaturg, and performance artist who has an international reputation for scandalous humor combined with incisive insight.”
“Ruth Galloway is a delightful, human, and quirky character.”
“But on the depth chart - at least the one distributed to the media - Galloway is still listed ahead of Armstrong.”
“And Galloway is eighth in that same group with 689 catches and 10,777 yards.”
“In his 16th season, Redskins wide receiver Joey Galloway is averaging an impressive 15.7 yards per catch and has a 62-yard reception.”
“The pass appeared on its way to settling in Galloway's hands, but Aaron Francisco made a highlight-reel interception by tipping the ball to himself with his left hand while airborne.”
“Joey Galloway is on the Redskins -- to get a true understanding how old Galloway is, when he was a rookie I was filling out my application to The Ohio State University as a high school junior.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Galloway’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
General words about horse breeds, types, classifications and other related identifiers
Looking for tweets for Galloway.