from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A region of southwest Scotland. The Mull of Galloway, a promontory on a peninsula on its southwest coast, is the southernmost point in Scotland.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A formerly Gaelic-speaking region in the southwestern-most corner of Scotland as part of Dumfries and Galloway council area. Its capital is Kirkcudbright.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small horse of a breed raised at Galloway, Scotland; -- called also garran, and garron.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a breed of horses of small size (under fifteen hands high), first raised in Galloway in Scotland, characterized by great spirit and endurance.
- n. A breed of hornless cattle, of great antiquity, developed in the highlands of southwestern Scotland.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a district in southwestern Scotland
- n. breed of hardy black chiefly beef cattle native to Scotland
GALLOWAY ON MID EAST POPULAR RESISTANCE MOVEMENT yahooBuzzArticleHeadline = 'GALLOWAY ON MID EAST POPULAR RESISTANCE MOVEMENT'; yahooBuzzArticleSummary = 'Article: George Galloway senses what I strongly feel ~ that the tide is turning against the Cheney/Bush neocon dream of global domination ~ for the rest of the world clearly sees the real threat to our civilization is the United States ~ and Galloway, who saw this threat clearly years ago, now comments on the rapidly growing demand of Muslim and Latin American movements for an alternative to America\'s oppression and domination.'
The Bugz 2 to Bonz guy is Shawn Moore, he is local to Columbus in Galloway, Ohio.
Terry Galloway is a deaf, queer writer and performer, who tours her one-woman shows as a cheap way of seeing the world.
Terry L. Galloway is a deaf writer (poetry, essays, memoir, and plays), director, dramaturg, and performance artist who has an international reputation for scandalous humor combined with incisive insight.
Ruth Galloway is a delightful, human, and quirky character.
But on the depth chart - at least the one distributed to the media - Galloway is still listed ahead of Armstrong.
And Galloway is eighth in that same group with 689 catches and 10,777 yards.
In his 16th season, Redskins wide receiver Joey Galloway is averaging an impressive 15.7 yards per catch and has a 62-yard reception.
The pass appeared on its way to settling in Galloway's hands, but Aaron Francisco made a highlight-reel interception by tipping the ball to himself with his left hand while airborne.
Joey Galloway is on the Redskins -- to get a true understanding how old Galloway is, when he was a rookie I was filling out my application to The Ohio State University as a high school junior.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.