from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An estuary of southwest France formed by the Garonne and Dordogne Rivers and opening into the Bay of Biscay.
- n. A moderate republican political party of Revolutionary France (1791-93).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. an estuary formed by the French rivers Garonne and Dordogne
- proper n. one of the departments in the region of Aquitaine, France.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The party of the Girondists taken collectively: as, the Rolands were leaders of the Gironde.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the French moderate political party that was in power (1791-1793) during the French Revolution
After Gironde, a department of southwest France.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)