from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The fruit of certain species of passion flower (esp. Passiflora quadrangularis) found in Brazil and the West Indies. It is as large as a child's head, and is a good dessert fruit. The fruit of Passiflora edulis is used for flavoring ices.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The fruit of Passiflora quadrangularis, which is sometimes as large as a child's head, and is much esteemed in tropical countries as a pleasant dessert-fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. considered best for fruit
- n. the egg-shaped edible fruit of tropical American vines related to passionflowers
- n. Brazilian passionflower cultivated for its deep purple fruit
- n. tropical American passionflower yielding the large granadilla fruit
Sorry, no etymologies found.