from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The style or spirit of Greek culture, art, or thought.
- n. Something done in imitation of Greek style or spirit.
- n. An idiom of the Greek language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a word or idiom of the Greek language used in another language, especially for literary effect
- n. the style, spirit or other characteristics of Greek arts and culture, or an imitation of that style etc
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An idiom of the Greek language; a Hellenism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An idiom of the Greek language. Also Græcism, and rarely Greekism.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.