from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to both Greece and Rome: Greco-Roman mythology.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Greek or Roman culture.
- adj. Describing Greco-Roman wrestling, a form of wrestling where fighters may only attack above the waist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having characteristics that are partly Greek and partly Roman.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to both Greece and Rome, as the Latin civilization after it had become modified by contact with the higher civilization of Greece, and specifically the art cultivated under Roman domination, almost exclusively by Greek artists.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or pertaining to or characteristic of the ancient Greek and Roman cultures
Sorry, no etymologies found.