from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Mississippi on the Mississippi River north of Vicksburg. It is a trade, processing, and industrial center in a fertile agricultural region. Population: 37,800.
- A city of eastern North Carolina southeast of Rocky Mount. Founded in 1786, the city grew as a tobacco market. Population: 72,100.
- A city of northwest South Carolina northwest of Columbia. Located in the Piedmont region near the Blue Ridge, it was laid out in 1797 and is today a resort and manufacturing center. Population: 57,400.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northwest South Carolina in the Piedmont
- n. a city in eastern North Carolina; tobacco market
- n. a town in western Mississippi on the Mississippi River to the north of Vicksburg
Sorry, no etymologies found.