from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The dried stems and leaves of tarweed (Grindelia), used as a remedy in asthma and bronchitis.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of asteroid composites, coarse herbs or sometimes shrubby, with rather large radiate terminal heads of yellow flowers, and with the foliage usually covered with a viscid balsamic secretion.
- n. A plant of the genus Grindelia.
- n. In pharm., an official drug which consists of the leaves and flowering tops of Grindelia robusta and G. squarrosa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large genus of coarse gummy herbs of western North and Central America
Sorry, no etymologies found.