from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A male given name, a Latinized form of Gustav.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the last king of Sweden to have any real political power (1882-1973)
- n. king of Sweden who kept Sweden neutral during both World War I and II (1858-1950)
- n. king of Sweden whose losses to Napoleon I led to his being deposed in 1809 (1778-1837)
- n. king of Sweden who increased the royal power and waged an unpopular war against Russia (1746-1792)
- n. king of Sweden who established Lutheranism as the state religion (1496-1560)
- n. king of Sweden whose victories in battle made Sweden a European power; his domestic reforms made Sweden a modern state; in 1630 he intervened on the Protestant side of the Thirty Years' War and was killed in the battle of Lutzen (1594-1632)
Sorry, no etymologies found.