from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A corporation financed by insurance premiums whose member physicians and professional staff provide curative and preventive medicine within certain financial, geographic, and professional limits to enrolled volunteer members and their families.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Health Maintenance Organization
- Home of Multiple Occupation - a rented house typically let as individual rooms, often to students or migrant workers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A health maintenance organization; a form of group health insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. group insurance that entitles members to services of participating hospitals and clinics and physicians
h(ealth) m(aintenance) o(rganization).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)