from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital of Pennsylvania, in the southeast-central part of the state west-northwest of Philadelphia. Settled in the early 1700s as Harris' Ferry, it was renamed in 1785 and became the capital in 1812. Population: 47,200.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. The capital of the commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- proper n. Several other places in the United States and Canada
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capital of Pennsylvania; located in southern part of state
Sorry, no etymologies found.