from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of a predominantly Muslim people inhabiting northern Nigeria and southern Niger.
- n. A Chadic language spoken by the Hausa, widely used as a trade language in West Africa.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Moslem people living in Nigeria and part of Niger.
- n. The Chadic language spoken by these people.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the chief member of the Chadic family of Afroasiatic languages; widely used as a trading language
- n. a member of a Negroid people living chiefly in northern Nigeria
Hausa háusáawáa, pl. of bàháušè, a Hausa.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)