from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Offensive A Khoikhoin.
- n. Offensive Any of the Khoikhoin group of languages.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A member of the Khoekhoe group of peoples.
- proper n. The language of the Khoi, remarkable for its clicks.
- proper n. Any of several fish of the genus Pachymetopon, in the family Sparidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of a degraded and savage race of South Africa, with yellowish brown complexion, high cheek bones, and wooly hair growing in tufts.
- n. The language of the Hottentots, which is remarkable for its clicking sounds; the Khoisan language.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A member of a race of South Africa, which differs from the other South African races, being of a dark yellowish-brown complexion, of smaller stature, of more ungainly build, and of inferior mental endowment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of the Khoisan languages spoken by the pastoral people of Namibia and South Africa
Afrikaans.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Dutch variously ascribed to mean stutterer; and from hot en tot being an approximation of common sounds in the Khoi language. First known use 1677 (in Dutch). (Wiktionary)