Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Short and broad. Hence the name “Humpty-Dumpty” in “Mother Goose,” personifying an egg.
- n. A favorite Gipsy beverage, consisting of ale boiled with brandy.
- n. A fairy tale character whose name has become synonymous with anything fragile or the existence of which is precarious.
- n. an egg-shaped character in a nursery rhyme who fell off a wall and could not be put back together again (late 17th century)
- Possibly baby talk forms of Humphrey, since Dump and Dumphry have been recorded as pet forms of this given name. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘Humpty Dumpty’.
Bizarre, Wacky Cartoon Character Names!
plus other fictitious names.
( open list, randomness )
other 'similar lists':
Hong Kong Phooey, Grape Ape, Scooby Doo, Foghorn Leghorn, Boo Boo, Winnie the Pooh, SpongeBob SquareP..., Powdered Toast Man, Mrs. Buttloaves, Stinky Wizzleteats, Jimminy Lummox, Jerry the Bellybu... and 75 more...
The Brothers Grimm, Disney, Hans Christian Anderson, Charles Perrault, folklore, George MacDonald, the inhabitants of Fabletown--it's all fair game.
( personal list )
related (from me):
Types of beer.
Looking for tweets for Humpty Dumpty.