from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. individual retirement account
- abbr. Irish Republican Army
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- Irish Republican Army
- Individual Retirement Account
- Investment Recovery Association
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. individual retirement account; -- a special type of savings account allowed by law to provide deferred taxation of the interest paid.
- n. The Irish Republican Army, a group in Ireland with the primary goal of promoting the unification of Ireland and the severing of the political bond of Northern Ireland with Great Britain, of mostly secret membership, with a militant wing sponsoring terrorist activities such as bombings and the killings of police, British soldiers, and Unionist sympathizers in Northern Ireland.
Sorry, no etymologies found.